Castleton Commodities International (www.cci.com) is hiring an exceptional Oil Analyst to join our London office and work alongside one of our lead oil portfolio managers. This is a front office analytical role covering the Global oil complex. The position is focused on building and maintaining financial models, performing analysis of the oil markets, and identifying trading opportunities. We are seeking individuals with a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience working in a similar role covering oil market analysis. The ideal candidate will have very strong technical skills, be self-motivated, competitive and passionate about the energy commodity markets
• Performing oil market research and analysis to directly support the portfolio manager
• Building from scratch the supply and demand balances for global oil
• Building fundamental analysis modeling and tools
• Building and maintaining data models and carrying out detailed analysis
• Design, develop and continuously improve models and technical tools that support the lead portfolio manager
• Work closely alongside the portfolio manager to identify market opportunities and trends
• Performing ad hoc analyses for trade ideas and other projects.
• Data Management
• Ideally looking for candidates with 2-4 years experience within oil analysis with an emphasis on modelling and numerical analysis but will consider entry-level (with applicable energy markets experience with a 6 month internship).
• Bachelor’s degree from a top tier University with strong academic performance. Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Computing or related fields of study.
• Excellent computer programming skills is essential. Proven experience of model development using programming languages such as VBA, C++ and Matlab/Python with strong knowledge of MS Excel.
• Demonstrate a passion for modelling, for the energy industry and show a dynamic approach to learning. Continually expand upon your existing technical knowledge.
• Individuals must be used to handling large data sets, cleaned the data and applied the data to their on models.
• Individuals that are self-motivated and can handle a large amount of responsibility.
• Individuals must exhibit strong communication skills, problem solving ability and be interested in pursuing in commodity trading.