Castleton Commodities International (CCI) is hiring an Associate (Will consider Pre and Post MBA) in the London Office to work in its Power Principal Investing team. The ideal candidate will have prior experience working at a top-tier investment bank and / or private equity fund, with Power and Utility or energy and commodity experience a plus. The Associate will work closely with investment and trading professionals to evaluate and model investment opportunities, manage the acquisition process, analyze financing strategies, and develop and execute value-creating optimization projects for the existing portfolio. This is for an immediate or near term start.
CCI is an independent global commodities merchant headquartered in the United States with offices around the globe. As a trader, CCI deploys capital on a proprietary basis in the physical and financial commodity markets, providing the Company with market insights and access. As a strategic investor and developer, CCI leverages its market expertise, operations capabilities, and industry knowledge to invest in, and develop, select commodity infrastructure assets. CCI is an active participant in the power M&A space with multiple assets currently under ownership.
• Build and maintain financial models (integrated financial statements, DCF, and LBO) to support investment decisions
• Identify, research, and analyze potential investments
• Manage and actively participate in the acquisition due diligence process
• Prepare presentation materials for, and participate in, Investment Committee meetings with Senior Management
• Monitor M&A and Power industry trends
• Provide support to various portfolio monitoring activities including reporting tools for senior management, supporting bolt-on acquisitions & development projects, and other commercial activities
• 2+ years of investment banking and / or private equity experience or applicable experience at an energy utility
• Strong modeling, Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Bachelor’s degree with high GPA from top tier University, ideally with a degree in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field
• Prior experience in and/or an understanding of the European Power industry is a plus
• French, German, or Dutch language skills is a plus
For more information on CCI and our current portfolio of Power assets, please visit our website at http://www.cci.com/assets/power.