Castleton Commodities International (www.cci.com) is hiring a Research Analyst to work in the European Gas & Power group in our London office. This role would work directly with Portfolio Managers and would focus on analysis of the European Natural Gas markets. Candidates would benefit from some prior experience in an analytical role in commodities. The ideal candidate will have strong technical skills (Specifically Python and SQL database experience), be confident with quantitative analysis and want to work in a truly commercial environment.
• Maintaining and building upon current European Gas balances, as well as forming a fundamental and technical market view.
• Refining existing supply & demand models to improve forecast accuracy
• Reporting and communicating data to the portfolio manager; exploring price and fundamental relationships to identify market opportunities.
• Prior experience conducting analysis in the Natural Gas, Power, LNG markets
• Exceptional programming skills in Python (3+ years experience, Pandas knowledge beneficial), SQL database knowledge and strong quantitative analysis skill are preferred
• Strong quantitative degree in Economics, Finance, Engineering or Mathematical related field
• Proven experience working with large datasets
• Individuals that are self-motivated and can handle a large amount of responsibility
• Individuals must exhibit strong communication skills as well as strong quantitative abilities.