Castleton Commodities International (www.cci.com) is hiring a Quantitative Analyst to work in the European Gas & Power trading desk in the London office. This role would work closely with a senior trader as an analyst developing quantitative models focused on the European Natural Gas & LNG Markets. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who has the ability to work under pressure in a fast moving environment. The candidate must have strong mathematical, statistical and programming skills and an interest to develop a career in the Commodity industry.
Your role and responsibilities vary widely and may include the following:-
• Maintain and improve existing quant models
• Develop new quant and fundamental models per requests from the desk trader
• Generate ideas for new models and explore ML capabilities within the space
• Reporting and communicating data to the trader; exploring price and fundamentals relationships
• Help monitor risk exposure for the models and portfolio
• Candidate to have minimum of 2years experience within an analytical environment, Bachelor’s degree from a top tier University with strong academic performance. Computer Programming, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Geospatial Science or related fields of study.
• Prior experience working in energy commodities (preferably Natural Gas, Oil, or LNG) is highly preferred.
• Exceptional programming skills in Python (3+ years experience, Pandas knowledge beneficial), SQL database knowledge and strong quantitative analysis skills are preferred.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills
• Individuals that are self-motivated and can handle a large amount of responsibility
• Individuals must exhibit strong communication skills, problem solving ability, commercial acumen and an ability to work in a high pressured environment and be interested in pursuing a career in commodity trading.