Castleton Commodities International is an independent global commodities merchant. As a trader, CCI deploys capital on a proprietary basis in the physical and financial commodity markets, providing the Company with market insights and access. As a strategic investor and developer, CCI leverages its market expertise, operations capabilities, and industry knowledge to invest in, and develop, select commodity infrastructure assets. CCI focuses its activities on the markets it understands best, while constantly striving to expand its knowledge base and network of relationships in order to participate in new markets.
The Desktop Support Engineer will be a very hands-on member of a technical team responsible for companywide desktop, mobile device, and application support including Windows operating systems and software such as trading systems, and other applications. This is an internal customer facing role and requires excellent prioritization, responsiveness, and customer service, along with excellent verbal and written communication skills. This position provides first and second level support from the Information Technology help desk for more than 900 users globally for a diversified commodity trading and energy services firm. The Desktop Support Engineer role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual provide in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
• Perform Level 1 and 2 support as required: handle incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner.
• Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, and configuring systems and applications.
• Build rapport and elicit problem details from customers.
• Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
• Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future computer hardware needs.
• Windows-based PCs, Workstations, Servers
• Ability to perform project-based work, execute project plans, and meet deadlines is required
• A thorough understanding of automation techniques and desktop standards on an enterprise scale.
• Must have a very organized work ethic and the ability to support desktop standards and processes.
• Self-starter, able to work on an individual basis as well as in a team.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple tasks and prioritize workload.
• Flexibility, punctuality, strong sense of ownership and responsibility.
• Should possess a positive, flexible attitude and a strong work ethic.
• Ability to stay calm under pressure.
• Eagerness to learn.
• Excellent and friendly attitude when dealing with customers.
• Develop, document, and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for system administration and appropriate use.
Knowledge & Systems Experience:
• Minimum of 4 years of technical experience performing desktop support, including troubleshooting workstation and operating system problems and repairing hardware.
• Experience in engineering desktop solutions for entire organizations (design, deployments) preferred.
• Experience with office administration and data feed services (such as Reuters or Bloomberg) preferred
• Previous experience in supporting trading users is a plus.
• Familiarity with Windows 7 (or higher), Microsoft Office, Helpdesk Ticketing Systems.
• Ability to determine nature of hardware/software problems either via telephone or in-person and choose appropriate method of resolution
• Experience with Windows Server 2003 and 2008 GPOs is desired.
• Knowledge of Active directory 2008 is a plus
• College Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology is preferred
• Requires occasional extensions of working hours, which may include weekends
• Ability to move equipment/furniture weighing up to 50 lbs.
• Views computer screen for prolonged periods
• Must meet specified deadlines.
• Direct contact with internal and external personnel of all levels.
• Requires performing detailed/close-up work with wiring/cables requiring manual dexterity.
• May have to crawl under desks and stretch/stoop to make connections.
Keywords: Help desk, Helpdesk, IT, Information Technology, Trade Floor Support, Desktop Support, Desktop Engineer, Technical Support, commodity trading