Castleton Commodities International is a leading commodity trading and investment firm. As a trader, CCI deploys capital on a proprietary basis in the physical and financial commodity markets, providing the Company with market insights and access. As a strategic investor and developer, CCI leverages its market expertise, operations capabilities, and industry knowledge to invest in, and develop, select commodity infrastructure assets. CCI focuses its activities on the markets it understands best, while constantly striving to expand its knowledge base and network of relationships in order to participate in new markets.
CCI is building out a best in class data science platform with the goal of being on the forefront of data management and analytics. This role will be based in Stamford and report to the Global Head of Data Science. This position will play an integral role as the firm continues to develop and evolve its data analytics. The role will have significant exposure to our Risk and commercial teams globally.
• Assist with managing strategic initiatives around big data projects for commercial business
• Liaise with desk heads in order to gain understanding of current data flow, data architecture, investment process as well as gather functional requirements
• Manage documentation process of data flow, data architecture, investment process, and functional requirements
• Documenting and understanding end to end investment process
• Create sourcing database of data vendors
• Manage communication between commercial teams, vendors, and key stake holders
• Ad hoc research on project topics such as vendor trends, usage best practices, big data trends, artificial intelligence, vendors, etc.
• Assist with onboarding and back testing new data sets
• Assess gaps in current datasets
• 1 to 5 years’ experience with databases, ideally in financial services
• Ability to work with large, complex data sets
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Mathematics, Business Intelligence or related field of study
• Advanced excel skills are required
• Experience in SQL is required
• Experience in Python, R, and/or Matlab is preferred
• Interest in big data and data analytics
• Interest or experience in machine learning/Artificial Intelligence preferred
• Prior experience in commodities is preferred
Keywords: Business Intelligence, Data Science, Data Management, Data Architecture, Big data, Visualization, Data Analytics, machine learning, Artificial Intelligence