Castleton Commodities International is hiring a Credit Analyst for our Stamford office. The Credit Analyst’s primary responsibilities include working with senior credit managers as a backup to existing portfolios, participating in the daily OTC margin process, monitoring daily exposure, maintaining data integrity in the credit system, generating daily and monthly reports for the team and senior management, addressing ad hoc data requests and report building as needed. This position requires regular liaison with operations, traders, legal and risk.
• Assist credit managers with covering portfolios, preparing data, and spreading financial statements. Evaluate financial statements and review other market data and industry news about trading counterparties.
• Monitor and evaluate exposure across various systems.
• Assist in the maintenance of the counterparty database in the credit system.
• Perform global daily bilateral margin process for trading counterparties. Interact daily with counterparties to reconcile margin calculations.
• Build and prepare reports/presentations for Credit team and senior management on a scheduled and ad hoc basis.
• Ensure compliance with the company’s credit policies and procedures.
• Work with various groups within the company globally
• One to three years of experience in the credit department of a commodities trading firm or financial institution is preferred
• Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field preferred
• SQL and advanced Excel skills to build reports and retrieve data across various systems
• Ability to quickly and concisely summarize numerical data and communicate effectively
• Ability to multi-task and work independently in a fast paced trading culture