The candidate will join the Agricultural Commodity trading desk as a data analyst working with the lead trader to develop statistical and quantitative models. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who has the ability to work under pressure in a fast moving environment. The candidate must have advanced computer science and programming knowledge and be strong mathematically. It is important to have an interest to develop a career in the Commodity industry. We will consider candidates with a graduation year of 2015-2017 as well as outstanding entry level candidates from the class of 2018 with relevant financial services experience.
Your role and responsibilities vary widely and may include the following:-
• Maintain and improve existing quant models
• Develop new quant and fundamental models per requests from the desk trader
• Generate ideas for new models and explore ML capabilities within the space
• Reporting and communicating data to the trader; exploring price and fundamentals relationships
• Help monitor risk exposure for the models and portfolio
• Candidate to have a few years experience, but will consider entry-level candidates (with applicable internship experience within financial services) Bachelor’s degree from a top tier University with strong academic performance in Computer Science.
• Essential to have proven experience in information technology and statistical analysis as well as very strong programming skills within Python.
• Strong working knowledge of VBA, HTML and SQL
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills
• Individuals that are self-motivated and can handle a large amount of responsibility
• Individuals must exhibit strong communication skills, problem solving ability, commercial acumen and an ability to work in a pressurised environment and be interested in pursuing in commodity trading.