Castleton Commodities International is searching for a Compliance Associate to support variety of commodity businesses that trade on a proprietary basis in the physical and financial commodity markets. The company has a global presence and is active in both the over-the-counter (OTC) and regulated markets. The role is based in the London office and will primarily focus on compliance coverage within EMEA. The role will be varied but is focused on regulatory reporting, monitoring and supervision, reviewing surveillance alerts, and assisting in regulatory technology implementation.
• Responsible for regulatory reporting, monitoring and supervision; EMIR, MiFID II Position Limits, REMIT, Swiss (FinfraG).
• Review surveillance alerts in accordance with firm policies.
• Work across the organization to develop and test systems to meet upcoming regulatory requirements.
• Proactively update Compliance policies and procedures.
• Assist in the preparation and communication of training material, policies and procedures.
• Provide relevant Compliance training to personnel.
• Data mining, retrieval and investigation to support Compliance activities.
• Advise when changes, updates and amendments are known, so that the business can plan ahead and assess the impact of these changes.
• Assist with and prepare responses to regulatory inquiries and requests.
• Provide support to trading and operational personnel regarding physical and financial trading activities.
• Prepare Compliance reports.
• Maintain necessary books and records.
• 2-3 years of experience in a regulatory or relevant operational function with a commodity trading or financial entity
• Advanced excel skills
• German or French language ability is preferred
Experience in the following areas is strongly preferred:
• Regulatory reporting: MiFID II Position Limits, EMIR, REMIT, Dodd-Frank and Swiss (FinfraG)
• Monitoring exchange and regulator position limits
• Regulated markets and clearing (London Metal Exchange, ICE Futures Europe, European Energy Exchange)
• OTC derivatives and exchange-traded derivatives (physical and financial)
• Commodities (Oil, Coal, Agriculture, Metals, Gas, Power, Emissions and Freight)
Desired Skills and attributes:
• Attention to detail
• Clear and concise communication skills
• Ability at breaking down complex problems
• Ability to read and understand regulatory documentation and supplementary material
• Proficient at using technology to extract information and analyse data
• Project management