Castleton Commodities International is a leading commodity trading and investment firm. As a trader, CCI deploys capital on a proprietary basis in the physical and financial commodity markets, providing the Company with market insights and access. As a strategic investor and developer, CCI leverages its market expertise, operations capabilities, and industry knowledge to invest in, and develop, select commodity infrastructure assets. CCI focuses its activities on the markets it understands best, while constantly striving to expand its knowledge base and network of relationships in order to participate in new markets.
Castleton Commodities International is hiring a Director based in Houston, TX to assist with asset optimization and analytics within CCI’s asset group. The ideal candidate has prior experience in asset operations working at an energy company (i.e. power plants, midstream, upstream, etc.).
This is an ideal position for candidates looking to work in an entrepreneurial, small team environment and apply both financial and operational optimization skills in a role that requires a hands-on management and optimization of a growing global enterprise.
• Perform fundamental industry and financial analysis on existing CCI asset businesses (P/L, KPI’s, budgeting, business/operating analytics reporting), as well as businesses being considered for investment
• Analysis will include significant financial modeling and power point presentation for CCI senior executives
• Lead assessment of strategic, operational and financial risks and opportunities of CCI’s existing business, as well as investment opportunities
• Active in the day to day Operations, EHS, P/L, planning associated with CCI assets
• Active in planning and development on brownfield/greenfield opportunities
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Engineering, or related degree is required
• MBA, or related degree, is strongly preferred
• Minimum of 10 years’ of applicable asset operational and financial analysis experience in the energy business
• Must understand not only the operating aspects of an asset/business but also the financial drivers associated to optimize
• Advanced financial modeling skills required
• Supervisory experience of both professional and non-professional employees is preferred
• 50-75% travel required